REMEMBERING SUNDAY

Author: Gee-sensei
RE: REMEMBERING SUNDAY

I opened my eyes, gasping for air. That dream again. I grabbed the glass of water on my bedside table and drank all of it. Going out of my bed, I realized that it was two in the morning. I stared out in the darkness of the night while that dream kept playing in my head.
A woman.
I asked her to marry me.
We were having breakfast together on a Sunday morning.
The place seemed familiar to him.
The woman with the devilish grin pulled my hand and took me upstairs.
I remembered how I wanted to get in.
But she was gone.
I shook my head to get it off my mind. But it was useless. I stood here until morning. Undecided on what to do.
No more.
Hurriedly, I went out. There must be something in that dream of mine. There must be something with that woman. I ran. Talk to everyone I met.
“Forgive me, I’m trying to find. My calling, I’m calling at night, I don’t mean to be a bother but have you seen this girl?” They kept on nodding their head. “She’s been running through my dreams.”
It’s driving me crazy it seems that I’m gonna ask her to marry me.
Determined to find out the truth, I walked and walked and walked. I heard a whisper: “Even though she doesn’t believe in love. He’s determined to call her bluff.”
Butterflies filled my gut. I couldn’t deny it. Excitement filled my being.
As I walked endlessly, I came to a neighborhood. Unfamiliar faces. I wanted to get inside. I plead though I tried but I was only denied. I was dying to get inside.
“Forgive me, I’m trying to find. My calling, I’m calling at night, I don’t mean to be a bother but have you seen this girl? She’s been running through my dreams. And it’s driving me crazy. It seems I’m gonna ask her to marry me.”
The neighbor said she moved away. I was caught off-guard. I stared at the sky. It was raining. Funny how it rained all day. Like tears. It didn’t come into my mind. I didn’t realize it right away. Now, it’s starting to all make sense.
I wanted to laugh but I can’t. Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavour to find my whoever, whoever she may be.
I close my eyes and imagined that she was talking to me.
“I’m not coming back. Forgive me. I’ve done something so terrible. I’m terrified to speak. I’m not calling but you’d expect that from me. I’m mixed. I’ll be blunt. Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair. You’re driving me crazy.”
Why?
“Keeping an eye on the world. So many thousands of feet off the ground. I’m over you now. I’m at home in the clouds. Towering over your head.”
I slowly opened my eyes. Clouds greeted me. Rain was dripping from my face.
I remember everything now.
Smiling sadly, I turned my back.
“I guess I’ll go home.”

A/N: I mentioned before that I am a fan of All Time Low. Remembering Sunday is my favorite track among their songs. So, I used it as my title for this post because I just wanted to make a story from it. It is a beautiful song. If you know it, you’ll see that some of the lines I’d wrote is actually from the song itself.

Comments